About me - Archived Sun 17th Aug 2008

Sometimes I like thinking 'bout the middle ages and chivalry and other times I think it's strange that George III thought it too opulent to have carpet in his bedroom. Eh? I know a man who laughs because the grass is green and the sky is blue, the water wet and the good God good. I long to be that man. Currently I am occasionally fixated by the works and lives of Chesterton, St Thomas Aquinas and Our Lady and trying a little harder to live the seven virtues, to wit, Faith, Hope, Charity, Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude and Justice. Still thinking that "Something ere the end may yet be done not unbecoming men that strove with gods... and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are, one equal temper of heroic hearts made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." --Alfred, Lord Tennyson, "Ulysses"

No comments: