Boost your memory - My first day at school

http://www.youramazingbrain.org/yourmemory/boostmem.htm

My first day at school.

I was dropped on my head. It was summer, or at least sunny, and I was wearing grey shorts and a cheque blue shirt. I had brown shoes. I cried. My classroom was downstairs in the two storey building. My lovely teacher was Mrs Blowers. The school was called St Joseph's Rockdale. It had hopskotch painted markings on the ground. We had a small patch of grass to play on. I had a back pack, an ugly brown color with the school logo on it. We wore ties, even in winter. The girls wore green cheque dresses. I sat next to Neil Guanlao, who had the coolest calculator ever. We had the letters of the alphabet in large sheets around the top of the wall. It took me a while to realise that there were upper case and lower case letters.

The year I went to primary school was 1982. I was six years old. I had an older sister in the school, as well as two older brothers. Sis was in year 2, Paul was in year 4 and Simon in year 6. It was Simon's friend Paul McCleod who dropped me on my head and I got to see the principle on the first day of school. She was a nun, Sr somebody. I had an egg on my head the size of, well, an egg.

1 comment:

N E I L said...

... Sister Mary. I can't recall how many times I was called to her office! Too many. Nice to see you mentioned me (surprising what comes up when you google your name). And that was a cool calculator. My first day at St. Joseph's... I cried and held onto my mother whilst watching Braden Kohary with a big smile on his face apparently looking forward to it all. I remember our ugly brown and yellow uniforms, playing handball,marbles, and getting to ring the lunch bell from the top level. Great memories.